To get to your Organisational Attributes, navigate to your Admin Settings.
Follow up by heading over to the 'Users' tab in your context menu and click 'Org Attributes'.
What are Organisational Attributes?
Organisational Attributes are data tags that you can assign to any of the users in your system which in turn will be the basis for creating your audiences.
The table below shows the 12 pre named options that Huler provides for you:
The data has four column headings:
- We call it – This is the name that we use in the database for this item;
- You call it – You can edit optional attributes to anything you feel may be more company specific. These changes will be reflected in the audiences section and user overview.
- Type - this describes the attribute nature i.e. is it a free text field, date or a list; and
- Actions - this allows you to edit an attribute.
You can categorise what information you want to display by clicking into the column fields button and turning the toggles on or off, as shown below:
There are three locked attributes. Locked attributes are compulsory and cannot be changed. This means they must be completed to allow you to create a user and they are as follows:
- Email - this is the unique identifier that Huler uses to map a user.
- Name - must be in the format of First Name Second Name i.e. there is not a separate box for each name.
- Phone - this is to allow multi-factor authentication in the future and doesn't impact a user at this time. If your employee doesn't have a phone number, we suggest you use your main office number. This also includes all country codes.
Optional Attributes (these are the Attributes you are free to change)
- Band - this is an option field and can cover as many bands as you have e.g. Band A, Band A2 etc
- Department - this is an option field and can cover as many departments as you have e.g. Finance, Operations etc
- Employee ID - this is free text field
- Gender - this is an option field and can cover the gender types your organisation recognises
- Geo - this is an option field and can cover as many geographical areas your organisation operates in e.g Europe, Asia etc
- isManager - Yes or No option only.
- Location - this is an option field and can cover as many locations you have e.g. London, Manchester, New York.
- Role - this is an option field and can cover as many job roles you have e.g. Finance Director, Credit Controller etc.
- Start Date - just a date field in the form of dd/mm/yyyy
Populating your Organisational Attributes
Organisational Attributes are assigned when you are creating a user and must be populated first (unless they are text fields or yes/no).
To populate your attributes, click the three dots to the right of the desired attribute and click edit. You should now see the following screen pop up:
From here, you can add the values that work for your company. There is no limit on the amount of values you can have.
Please note, when uploading users by CSV file, it will auto-populate your Organisation Attributes based on the data contained within that file. See Adding Bulk Users to Huler for more details.
Editing your Organisational Attributes
It’s important to note that you cannot add or delete the Attribute titles, but you can change the secondary name of Optional Attributes to something more suited for your company. For example, you can change ‘band’ to ‘contract length’ and populate it how you wish.