External Collections are a fantastic way to share groups of links around a theme or topic with anyone, even if they don't have a HulerHub account.
In this article, we'll look at how to create both open and private External Collections.
What Is An External Shared Collection?
External Collections offer a streamlined way to share multiple links with someone who doesn't have a HulerHub account.
You can share an External Collection via a unique URL that mirrors how your Collection looks in HulerHub and you can copy and share this link as many times as you like. You can also share it via social media, or link to it on your website or blog.
There are two types of External Collections:
Open Collections - Are accessible to anyone with the link.
Private Collections - Are password protected.
How To Create Open External Shared Collections
To create an Open External Shared Collection:
- Navigate to find the Collection you wish to share. You must be either an Owner or a Collaborator to share Collections.
- Navigate to the 'Shared' button in the top right-hand corner and click on 'Share Externally'
- You will then be presented with the following screen:
- Now you can either make your external Collection public or private. If you wish to keep it open, keep the lock toggle on 'No'. Then click 'Get collection link'.
- You will be asked to accept the Huler Content Agreement and be authorised to do so by your employer. Once you have done this a URL will be generated which you can share with whoever you wish.
- If you wish to password protect your Collection, click 'Private Collection' and follow the below steps.
- If you no longer want your link to be accessible, click 'Disconnect External Collection' and hit accept on the pop up modal - the link will no longer be active.
How To Password Protect A Collection
- If you want to create a password protected Collection, change the Private Collection toggle to 'Yes' and click the 'Get collection link' button.
- Just like with a Public Collection, you will be asked to accept the Huler Content Agreement and be authorised to do so by your employer.
- Once you have done this, you will be presented with the following screen and asked to set a password.
- Your password must contain an uppercase, lowercase, number, special character and must be over 8 characters long.
Huler Tip: Only the creator of the Collection has the ability to set, change, or remove the password.
- Once you're happy with your password, click set password. You will then see the following screen with your generated password protected URL.
- Here you can copy link, view link and edit the password.
- If you decide you no longer want the Collection to be password protected you can click 'Open Collection'. This will make it accessible to anyone with the link.
- If you no longer want the link to be accessible, click 'Disconnect External Collection' and hit accept on the pop up modal - the link will then no longer be active.
Note: This process might take 5-10 minutes to update externally
Once you have created the URL a link button will appear in the Collection for easy access to external sharing.
Huler Tip: If you want to make any changes to your Collection, such as edit your password, open/close the Collection or disconnect the Collection you can do this by clicking the Share button as seen above. You can do this at any time.