To start, click the burger menu on the top right of your screen and go to Hub Admin. On the left hand side of the screen, click the ticker icon. This is your ticker area and will contain a list of all tickers you have created and is where you can make a new one.
The first time you enter this section, the screen will be blank and so click on the Create Ticker button at the top right and then follow the guide below.
Step-by-step guide to creating your ticker:
Give it a name
- This should be a short overview of what your ticker is about and which will help identify what it is should you need to use the search function to find it.
Give it a description
- This is text that shows in the banner and so is the key content you will be sharing with your users.
Select the audience
- If you want everyone to see it, you slide the Global button across to the Yes position. Note, once selected, Audiences disappear.
- If not, leave the Global button at No and then select which audiences you want to see the message by clicking on the Audiences button further down.
See What are Audiences? and How do I create an audience? for further info
Activate your ticker
- Once you are happy with how this reads and the audience it is going to, simply slide the 'Is Active' button across to the Yes position and this will make the ticker live.
- This will then show the next time the person within that audience logs in or refreshes their screen.
We recommend keeping announcements made by the Ticker as short as possible and providing links to further detail or reading as required.
Here you will find a printable flyer that you can share with your team.