From here, you simply follow the four steps outlined above. Note, step 2 will take you to this page.
Populating the CSV file
When you download the CSV file for the first time, you will get the standard template that you need to fill in and will look like the below (we have pre-populated ours to help):
Important tips: 1) you MUST ensure that the OWNER of Huler is included in the list or it will not work at all 2) whenever you update, you must include the full list of users you want in the system i.e. if you only listed two people say that you wanted to update and don't include the five in the system currently, they will be deleted.
The CSV file has 13 headings, which we have broken down into three sections to explain what they are and what to do with them.
- Mandatory fields (if these are not completed, the upload will fail)
- email - the unique identifier for Huler, must be a legitimate '@' address
- name - full name in the one box
- phone - for the csv to work, the phone number must be in the format shown above i.e. (+44)7793000000, with your specific country code in brackets. Note - there must be a + and two numbers in the brackets.
- Optional fields
- band - free text
- department - free text
- employeeid - free text
- gender - free text
- geo - free text
- location - free text
- isManager - can only be a TRUE or FALSE value
- role - free text
- startDate - must be in the data format dd/mm/yyyy
- Unused fields
- oldemail - DO NOT USE. This is for future development and can be left blank.
The data you input into the csv will populate your Organisational Attributes once uploaded. See Organisational Attributes for more info.
Uploading the csv file
Once you have populated the CSV, simply choose the file from your computer and hit the Import Users button. If successful, you will have two screens:
1) Pre-upload check:
This will tell you how many users are being added, deleted or updated.
At present, you cannot drill down to see the relevant entries at this point but we are working on it.
If you are happy then click Proceed.
2) Post-upload confirmation
If everything has gone well, you will receive confirmation of the changes made in the form below.
Following successful upload, you should see all user changes in the user section and any additions to Organisational Attributes will be automatically updated for you.
What if something goes wrong
We have designed specific error messages to help you along the way if something goes wrong, which should help point you in the right direction. For anything else, please raise a ticket and we will be happy to help.